The pathogenesis of Helicobacter pylori associated diseases
• The epidemiology of H. pylori related infection and antibiotic sensitivity
• The role of H. pylori virulence factors (cagA, vacA, dupA, and babA2 blood group antigen-binding adhesin) in disease process
• The role of smoking and gender in immune response in H. pylori infected tissues and Studying the immune response to H. pylori by measuring IL-4, IL-10, IL-12, IFNgamma and FOXP3 mRNA.
• Study of bacterial-host cell interactions and the role of dupA in the inflammatory process
• Southern blotting
• Western blotting
• Tissue Culture ( PBMC, AGS, ST16, MKN45 and MKN 28)
• Immune Cell Purification
The effect of Clostridia difficile toxin B on myofibroblasts.
• Measured the mitochondrial dehydrogenase activity via MTT assay
• Tissue Culture (Caco2)